A couple of days ago Star2Billing announced the latest release of their popular open source call billing platform – A2Billing.
This release takes it from version 1.9.4 to 2.0.1. Here is a list of items updated in the latest release –
- Major security improvements to the UI
- New Paypal API to support HTTP 1.1
- Support for all Asterisk versions including Asterisk 11
- Enhanced DID billing including peak and off peak rates for A-leg
- New least cost routing mode to select the lowest cost rate from a range of carriers
- New API added for third party phones to retrieve and display the balance
- Tax and Country added to bulk creation of accounts
- Code cleaning to adhere to PHP coding standards
One of the most interesting additions is the update of the least cost routing model. You could always create different outbound routes in A2Billing and calls would be routed via the least expensive. However, A2Billing would always match the most explicit rate, meaning sometimes calls did not choose the least expensive trunk.
For example, if you had two carriers for calls to the UK, and in their rate cards rates were listed like this –
Carrier A – Destination : 441604 – Cost : $0.05
Carrier B – Destination : 441 – Cost : $0.01
A2Billing would choose to route calls to 441604283000 via Carrier A because the rate matched more closely.
This has been resolved in A2Billing v2 and rates are now matched on all rate cards before the least expensive route is chosen.
We’re currently testing A2Billing v2 and will likely upgrade the hosting templates available shortly.
For more information about A2Billing hosting visit the website – sysadminman.net/a2billing-2go-hosting.html
More information about A2Billing can be found on the Star2Billing website